Monday, September 10, 2012

Mom's Best Chili

I love fall, there is just so much to love. The Crisp mornings, afternoons with your windows open on the house, the smell that fills the air, the beautiful colors I love them all! One other thing that I love about fall is the ability to make soup. I love to smell it simmering all day, knowing that my kids will have there bellies warm when I tuck them in that night. There is just something terribly homie about SOUP! One of my very favorites to make is Chili. I really didn't have a great chili recipe until I married Jason and he informed me that "My mom makes the best". I made it once and was hooked....no others ever quite measure up.  I know you are going to agree...so try it tonight!


Mom's Best Chili

1 lb. Hamburger - browned
1 qt. Tomato Juice
2 Bay Leaves
2 Tbl. Chili Powder
2 Tsp. Salt
1/8 Tsp. Cayenne  Pepper
1/8 Tsp. Paprika
4 Cans Pork and Beans

In a skillet, brown hamburger and drain and place in crock pot. Combine all the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Let simmer in crock pot for at least 2 hours and serve with hot cornbread. For an extra twist add a handful of cheese to your bowl with a dab of sour cream. For a little crunch add some tortilla chips. We call it Texas Chili. ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...