Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Rhubarb Cherry Freezer Jam


   I love all Jellies and Jams! I love the feeling of reaching into my freezer or cupboard and pulling out a jar of delicious jelly to share with my family or friends. I make strawberry jelly for the rest of my family, but sadly I am allergic to those beautiful little berries. So... My sister being the sweet heart that she is found this recipe for rhubarb (which I love) and made it for me a couple of years back. It is AMAZING! In fact, those in my family that can eat the strawberry jam started eating the "Mom Only" jam because it is just that good. My husband has a real disgust for rhubarb and had called it affectionately "mutant celery", but he is in LOVE with this jelly, so try it and don't let the name scare you.


Rhubarb Cherry Freezer Jam

5 Cups Rhubarb - Chopped Finely
1 Cup Water
5 Cups White Sugar
2 3 oz. Pkg. Cherry Jello
1 Can Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling.


In a large stock pot, combine water and the chopped up rhubarb and bring to a boil. Boil continues until the rhubarb in soft. Use a potato masher to make sure that the rhubarb is tender.  Add the Sugar and cook for a few more minutes. Stir Constantly! Add the pie filling, and cook for another 6-8 minutes.  Remove from the heat and add the jello. Stir until completely dissolved. Pour into jars and seal with lids and screw bands. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.

You can also use blueberry pie filling and 2 pkgs of raspberry jello for a different variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...