Friday, March 15, 2019

Macaroni & Cheese Homestyle

Who doesn't love Mac-N-Cheese? I know its not the fanciest of food, but it is always a big hit with the kids. I personally have never outgrew my love for it, but I will have to say that my taste for what kind has grew up a bit. In college I survived on the cheapest they sold, that and Ramen Noodles, but isn't that like a right of passage or something. Anyways, I survived and after having children we discovered that there was but one brand that would be in our house. I think my kids could each an entire box each. At the table there is always a race for seconds and a calling of the pan. Which is funny, because you could spend hours cooking a feast and not get that good of reception. So lately, I have been being drawn to find a homemade version that can get the same accolades. So far in my quest... This is the winner. Feel free to post yours in the comment section. I am still on the hunt so to speak.

Macaroni & Cheese Homestyle

1 2lb Bag Large Elbow Macaroni Noodles
1 Brick Velveeta Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Milk
Salt and Pepper to Taste

In a large sauce pan prepare noodles as directed on the package. While the noodles boil and come to the perfect texture, prepare the sauce. I use the Microwave to do this next step, but you could use a double broiler. Cut the Velveeta into small 1/2" squares and place in a large microwave safe dish. Cut the butter into thin slices and mix into cheese cubes, add milk and place in the microwave. Heat dish, stirring every 30 seconds to make sure that it does not over heat. When sauce is completely melted and and desired consistency, pour over the well drained noodles. I prefer to place this in a baking dish and crumble bread crumbs on top and bake for a few min. If the sauce is not very thin, you may want to add extra milk. This is totally a person taste thing. I myself like it a bit thinner. Salt and pepper before adding the bread crumbs. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever find another mac and cheese? Because.... I tried the Pioneer Woman's one and we all love it.

    Liberty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look in my books that I have of hers. I love several of her recipes and just her in general. I like to think that I loved her cooking before she got star status. I started following her blog back in the day when she had but a couple hundred followers.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...