Friday, June 24, 2011

Shrimp Diane

Oh the story that this dish holds for me and my hubby. This is where it all started! After a week of  talking to Jason and going on a date or two he invited me to his house for dinner. I was not a shrimp fan, and told him that, but he insisted that he had never made this for anyone that didn't love it.  Our Evening was perfect, A man that cooks, and not only cooks, but make cuisine that is so awesome that you can't get enough. I do believe that this was the very same night that I felt my heart slipping away. He told me that night that he knew that he was going to marry me...and I thought he was out of his mind, but secretly wishing that he was right. Right he was! I am truly BLESSED!! (You will find this recipe and many other tasty recipes in Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen Cookbook.)


Shrimp Diane

Makes 2 Servings
1 3/4 lbs. Med. Shrimp
6 Tbl. Shrimp Stock (I use chicken Stock)
1 1/2 Sticks Butter
1/4 Cup Green Onion Chopped
3/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 Tsp. Red Pepper (Preferably Cayenne)
1/4 Tsp. White Pepper
1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper
1/4 Tsp. Basil
1/4 Tsp. Thyme
1/8 Tsp. Oregano
1/2 lbs. Mushrooms sliced
3 Tbl. Fresh Parsley Chopped finely

*Serve on Rice with a Side of Garlic French Bread

Rinse and Peel Shrimp, Refrigerate until needed! In a large skillet melt 1 stick of butter over high heat. When Almost melted, add green onions, salt, garlic, the ground peppers, basil, thyme and oregano; stir well. Add the Shrimp and saute just until they turn pink, about 1 min, shaking the pan in a back and forth motion...VERY IMPORTANT! Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup of the stock; add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in chucks and continue cooking, continuing to shake the pan. Before the butter chunks are completely melted, add the parsley and the remaining 2 Tbl. of stock. Continue shaking the pan until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly and butter sauce is the consistency of cream. Serve immediately over rice in a bowl with lots of french bread on the side. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am not very likely to try this one because I don't like shrimp (although my son Josiah does!) but I LOVED reading the story that goes with the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...