Saturday, March 7, 2015

Cherry Pie

There is just something about a cherry pie that makes you think of home. For me it takes me back to my Grandma Swan's favorite pie that she brought to each and every event. I made sure I at least got a few bites of it each time. It was so delicious. Through the years my kids and I have had lots of fun making pies together and although I cheat on the pie filling, it is still filled with love and tastes delicious. I love the foods that make your mind wonder back.... in just a flavor, a smell, a texture.

Cherry Pie

2 Can Wilderness Cherry Pie Filling
2 Homemade Pie Crusts
Milk Wash
Sugar

Pie Crust Recipe

4 Cups Flour
1 3/4 Cups Shortening
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
2 Tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Vinegar
1 Egg

Mix together and chill until ready to use.


Roll out dough and place in pie plate. Use a fork to spear the bottom of the crust to ensure no air bubbles in bottom. Roll out the top crust and cut out all the cut outs before placing. Poor both of the cans in the bottom crust and top with the top crust. Crimp the edges, and use a brush to brush on the milk wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees until edges are brown and filing is bubbly. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...