Thursday, February 9, 2017

Grape Juice - Fresh Off the Vine


    I am so excited. I have never had the opportunity to have fresh grapes picked right out of the backyard until I moved south. I have a father in law that loves to try to grow new things and the past couple of years he has planted a whole vineyard of grapes. This year he was not about to use them and so he called me up and asked if I would be interested it making something from them. I jumped at the chance. I could barely contain my excitement. The first picking I got a 5 gallon bucket full. So, my adventures in grapes started. I am hooked... I love them!!

Grape Juice

1 Cup Clean Grapes
1 Sterile/Clean Quart Jar
1/2 Cup Sugar
Bowling Water

Add Grapes to the bottom of the sterile jar and pour the sugar on top. Make sure that you use the jar funnel to keep the grains of sugar from getting on the rim of the jar and keeping it from sealing. Fill the jar with boiling water reserving adequate space at the top for canning. Clean the rim with water and place the lid and ring on tightly.  Swirl jar a bit to mix sugar and grapes. Process in  a water bath for 40 min. Let cool and wait. This is the hard part.... WAITING. Allow at least 2 months to go by before opening the jars to drink. Juice is ready to drink straight from the jar or if your grapes are a bit more tart you can add a bit more sugar. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...