Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chicken Carbonara

Oh my, I love, love, love when a friend puts up a picture of something yummy that they have created on facebook and it inspires you to try it and when you go to the cupboard you have everything to make it. My friend Lee S. inspired me this weekend to try a new dish that I figured couldn't be anything less than delish when you combine all of these wonderful foods with BACON. If you know my family and especially my husband they all agree "EVERYTHING is better with BACON"! Not sure that I would always agree to that, because I believe I am the only one in this area that doesn't think that Chocolate covered bacon is not divine. You just can't mess with my chocolate ladies and gentlemen. I like mine in the purest form. ANYWAY, I made this recipe today and it was so good that my husband thought he was going to throw up and it got thumbs up from the rest of the clan! (I should note that Karissa was not sure about the Peas!)

Chicken Carbonara

2 Skinless Chicken Breasts -thawed, chunked
1/2 lb. Bacon - Fried, Crumbled
1 Jar Parmesan Cheese Sauce
1/2 Fresh Parmesan Cheese
2 Cups Peas - Cooked and drained
1/2 Box Angel Hair Pasta - Cooked as Directed

In frying pan, add bacon and cook to crumble stage and remove from pan and let drain on paper towel. Add chicken and cook until just lightly browned. In separate sauce pan combine White Cheese sauce and Cheese heat through out and sir often. Combine Sauce, Peas, 1/2 of the bacon crumbles, and chicken. Plate pasta and ladle sauce mixture over the top and sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese and bacon crumbles. ENJOY!

*Note, If you would like to make a homemade White Cheese Sauce will need to combine; cream, salt, pepper, garlic, 3 times the Cheese, and a touch of flour. But since I am Lactose intolerant....the Jar stuff has to be my thing! =(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...