Friday, December 29, 2017

Suet Plum Pudding

Christmas Time, a time to spend concentrated time with those that you love. I guess that has me thinking a lot about those that are here now and those that have went before. In the last post, I shared a family tradition from my mom's side of the family and so today and I want to share a bit from my dad's. Both recipes are made every year in my family as tradition and also because they are rich and delicious. This Suet Plum Pudding recipe was made by my grandma Evelyn each Christmas and as I look at my dad eating it.. sometimes I would just love to know what memories this sweet treat brings back. I am sure that they are sweet indeed.

Suet Plum Pudding

1 C. Chopped Suet (Chopped, not rendered) * I use butter and it works Great!
1 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Milk
2 Eggs
1 C. Raisins
1 1/2 C. Currants (Dried)
1 C. Walnuts
1 C. Candied Orange Slices (Chopped and mixed with 1/4 C. Flour)

Sift:
1 C. Flour
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg or Cloves
1 C. Soft Bread Crumbs

Mix 1st 7 ingredients together and set aside. Mix cadied orange pieces with flour in seperate bowl and set aside. After sifting flour and spies and bread crumbs, combine all ingredients until blended. Cook in a double broiler 3-4 hours and serve warm with Hard Sauce.

Hard Sauce

1 C. Sugar
1 Tb. Corn Starch
1 C. Water

Mix Together and bring to a rolling boul. Remove from heat and add -

1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Tsp. Lemon Extract
2 Tb. Butter

Serve while HOT! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...