Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups



My son's favorite candy in the whole world. He lives for them... REEESES!! This recipe caught my eye as I was recipe surfing the other night and so we tried them out and it was praises all around. I can't believe myself how good they are and how easy it was to make them. My daughter's comment was "guess we will never buy them again". I think she may be right!


Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
4 1/2 Tbls. Butter - Softened
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
2 Cups Chocolate Chips
4 Milk Chocolate Candy Bars - Chopped
Colored Sprinkles - Optional

In a med.bowl, Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter and Sugar. Adding salt is optional. Mix until smooth and set aside. In a small crock pot or microwave, melt chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter, stir until smooth. Drop a small amount of Chocolate mixture into the bottom of a paper lined mini muffin cup.  Top with a scant tsp. of Peanut Butter Mixture; top with another Tsp. of chocolate mixture. Decorate with Sprinkles and refrigerate until they are set up. Store in an air tight container. Makes about 3 Dozen

1 comment:

  1. This is Josiah's favorite, too! I will have to print it out for him. I am sure he will want to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...