Friday, January 21, 2011

Lentil Soup

 Yes I know that you are all saying "LENTILS"?. I love them! I am not sure why, but this soup is one that my whole family will eat -maybe not love, but it does freeze well and has great flavor. I make up a pot and then dish out individual servings and freeze them for those cold days when I am tempted to open a can of nasty canned soup. I promise you that you will not be disappointed!

Lentil Soup

1 Package Smoked Sausage - Sliced &cut into chunks
1 Bag Dry Lentils - Rinsed and drained
1 Package Frozen Spinach
1 Celery Stock - Chopped Finely
8 Cups of Water
1 Small Onion - Chopped
Chicken Bullion to taste
Dash of Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a cast iron stock pot add a tbls of oil to bottom and brown Sliced Smoked Sausage and onion. Add water and all the other ingredients into Stock pot or crock pot and cover. Boil for 10 min, and let simmer until soup is thick. Serve with Crusty Bread and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...