Friday, September 13, 2013

White Chili

Tis the season to throw on your favorite soup and curl up on the couch with your sweetie and or a good book. I seriously think I could eat soup day after day. I grew up in the midwest where the cool or cold months were more than the warm and so soup was a staple of our diet. I love food that not only warms your body, but also your soul.

White Chili

4 Cans Great Northern Beans.
1 1/2 lbs White Chicken shredded. (Approx. 4 Breasts.)
2 Celery Stocks - Chopped Fine
1 Small Onion - Diced Fine
2 Small Cans Green Chillies
3 Tbl. Chicken Flavored Vegetable Base or Chicken broth
1 tsp. Cummin
1/4 tsp. Oregano
1/4 tsp. Garlic
1 Bay Leaf
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Cook chicken and shred. Combine beans, chicken and spices in a large stock pot or crock pot and add remaining ingredients. Depending on if you are using chicken broth or base you will need to add some water. I like very thick soup and so I only add what is needed for the consistency that I like. Simmer on low on the back of stove for a couple of hours and salt to taste. Serve with crackers and warm bread! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...