Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peanut Brittle

Christmas memories! My dad was the Peanut Brittle King in our house. He always used a cast Iron skillet and even though I never really did like the peanuts....I loved sucking on the rest of it. So although I have tried a ton of different recipes, I always come back to this one. It is not to airy, and just perfect. Thanks Dad for all the memories of you making Christmas Cookies with us!

Peanut Brittle

2 Cups Sugar
1 Tbls. Butter
1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Peanuts (or other nuts)

In a heavy bottom pan on medium heat melt butter and sugar. When Brown add Soda and Nuts that have been warmed in the oven. Pout onto a greased Cookie sheet and work quickly, It will set up very fast and be careful not to have it get on you. It will burn you really bad. Let cool and then drop cookie sheet on the counter and it will break it so you can break it into desired sizes. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...