Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hearty Fried Potato Hash

 This fall my dad was very sick and had an extended time in the hospital. Through the many days and night of sitting by his bedside I was with my siblings a lot more than I have been able to be in the past few years because of the miles between us. It was a hard time, it was a great time. As many of you know.. eating while sitting with someone that is sick is hardly a thought, but after several days.. your hunger starts to kick in. So if you are not able to go and eat food.. what is better than sitting together talking about food.. RIGHT?  One night as my brother and I sat in the waiting room of the ER, the recipe swap began. Since that time I have returned home, but this recipe was stuck in my head... I just had to try it!!!  It is simple, One dish, and oh so good. This is the kind of food that just makes you feel good!! Oh, and my kids were fighting over it!!  Love you Big Brother!!!

Hearty Fried Potato Hash

8 Med. Potatoes - Washed and sliced
2 Large Onions - sliced
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 Pkg. Smoked Sausage Ring - Halved and Sliced
1 Clove Garlic - Minced
Lowery's Seasoning Salt
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a Large Skillet, add olive oil and bring up to temp. Add potatoes, onion and Garlic. When Potatoes are just starting to get tender add the smoked sausage and continue to brown potatoes and sausage together. Add salt, seasoning salt, and pepper to taste. I used about 1 Tb. of Lowery's to suit my taste. Serve while hot, Makes 6 servings or more!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...