Friday, July 13, 2012

Zucchini Cakes

There are so many great recipes for Zucchini out there that I have to try one or two each season and add it to my recipe book. This year I heard from several friends that I just had to try these Zucchini cakes. So I went in search of the best.  This is the recipe that I think had the best flavor.

Zucchini Cakes

1 Large Zucchini grated, excess water removed
        (Note: To do this, after you grate the zucchini, put the grated zucchini into paper towels and squeeze to release the water)
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 Tsp Paprika
1/4 Tsp. Onion Powder
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 tablespoons olive oil

Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Using a heaping tablespoon form the mixture into patties.Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side. Serve and Enjoy!

*Note: If you enjoy kicking it up a notch..add 1/2 Tsp of Red Pepper to the mix. Do not overdue or you will not get the flavor of the Zucchini. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...