Monday, November 11, 2013

Crock Pot Baked Apples

The taste of fall! My husbands favorite restaurant has these and instead of a cake for his birthday he asked me for Baked Apples. I have to be honest.. They are not one of those things that I couldn't live without. I would much prefer my baked apples in a moist chewy crust with a scoop of vanilla Ice cream on the side, but to each their own. He loved them and so that is all that matters. I will have to say that they were very tasty and very easy to make.

Baked Apples

5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup apple juice
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp cinnamon ( or a Little Less)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp butter, cubed
Peel, core, and slice the apples. Add apples, sugars, apple juice, cornstarch, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla to crockpot, stirring to incorporate. Place butter on top of apples Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. Stir mixture halfway through cooking. You may want to double this recipe for a crowd.  Do not over fill you crockpot, because it will over flow for you once it gets to cooking. Also, I found that you need to go a little easy on the Cinnamon. That is a flavor that will build up and you don't want it to get to much.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...