Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cheesy Potato Soup

I love soup and cold fall/winter days just make me want to throw on a crock-pot of soup and grab a blanket and snuggle up with my babies. Some how having soup in the Crock pot alone warms your house and heart! This recipe is wonderful. I have never had better. It was given to me by a friend of my sister.

Cheesy Potato Soup

Water - (enough to cover potatoes and then a little more)
9 Large Potatoes - Peeled - Cubed
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Tb. Chicken Bouillon
1 Small Onion, Minced (or a few shakes of dried onion flakes)
1/4 Tsp. Parsley

Salt and Pepper to taste


Boil Potatoes in large stew pot covering with water with plenty of extra on top. Add chicken soup base or Bouillon cubes (2), onions and parsley.  (If you like a thicker soup, then I would suggest cutting back on the water.)  Cook potatoes until tender. Do not drain off water. Add cream of chicken soup and the cheese and gently stir until cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm in crock pot or on stove top, but be careful to stir often as it will be easy to scorch. If you use a crock pot you will want to keep this on the lowest setting.  Serve with chopped bacon pieces and a sprinkle of chopped green onions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...