Thursday, September 22, 2022

Crock Pot Veggies

Are you in search for that easy side dish that you can make and take? Need it to be easy. I got you! I found this recipe out of sheer necessity. My oven gave out the night before Homecoming at our church. I was in a panic and started searching the internet for sides that you can make and take, that don't turn to mush. I talked with several of the other moms and found out all the usual items were being brought. So, thus the invention of the following recipe. We loved it. I had others ask for the recipe, and I am pretty sure it would be just as good or better in the oven. 

Crock Pot Veggies

1 60 oz. Pkg. California Blend frozen vegetables 
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 26 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Bread Crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste. 

In a large crock pot pour the chicken stock in the bottom of the crock, add frozen vegetables and pour cream of chicken soup over the top. Stir together as best you can, I suggest breaking up the veggies while still in the bag. (Easy way= drop the bag on counter a couple of times.) Add cheese, and mix again. Salt and pepper the top and cook on high for 2 hours. After 2 hours stir again and make sure any vegetables that have not started cooking hove been mixed around well. Combine last cup of cheese, and the bread crumbs together and sprinkle on top, cover and let cook on low for another hour and a half. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...