Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chicken Chimichanga

This is my absolute favorite Mexican dish ever.(EVER!) I order the same thing at our favorite Mexican Restaurant every time we go. I know, I should branch out a bit, but why mess with something that is so good. Anyways, as a family we decided that we should eat out less and eat at home more. PROBLEM... I love these, and I crave them. So, I needed to figure out a way to stick with our plan and still get to eat my favorite food. Problem Solved!!!

Chicken Chimichanga

2 Cups Chicken - Shredded
1 Sweet Onion - thinly sliced
2 Cans Green Chili - Drained
1 T. Oil
6 Flour Tortilla
1 lb. White Mexican Melting Cheese 


In a frying pan add oil and sweet onion. Saute onions until they are clear and soft. Add Green chili's and saute until they have a little browning started. To this mixture add your shredded chicken and heat throughout. In a second Large frying pan add enough oil to cover the entire bottom of pan. Take the Chicken mixture and layer it and the shredded cheese in a tortilla and wrap up tightly. When all are made and ready to fry, place them in the hot oil and take care to fry on all sides. You will need to work quickly so that they do not get over done. I found it easiest to only do 2 at a time and use tongs to turn them. Take your Mexican cheese and add a bit of milk and microwave on high for about 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until creamy. Plate and pour cheese over the top. Serve with Mexican rice, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream and Pico de Gallo . ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...