Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kale Chips



So, I am not on a total health kick, but I am starting to try to find healthy alternatives for my family especially if they taste awesome.  It has been in the news for the last year or so about how many health benefits there are by eating Kale. I have seen lots of recipes on line for these, but this one seem to be the best for our family. I made them thinking that it would be something that my oldest daughter would eat, but my son who has yet to ever even put a bit of lettuce in his mouth.. I was doubting.  To my absolute SHOCK..(I had to leave for a few minutes after they came out of the oven and I had plated them up and set them in the living room for munching) .. They were GONE!!! Who was their biggest fan.. MY BOY! WOW, just WOW!!! Easy, Healthy, Delicious!

Kale Chips

1 Bunch Kale - Washed and cut off stocks
2 T. Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Garlic Powder
Parmesan Cheese

In a large bowl wash Kale and then either use a salad spinner or lay out on towel and cover with another towel and try to get as dry as possible. Remove all stocks (they are bitter). Split your Kale into 2 batches and in a large mixing bowl combine olive oil, salt and garlic powder to taste. I just sprinkled a bit on and then tossed to coat each piece. Lay prepared Kale out on an oven safe bakers cooling rack and place a cookie sheet underneath to catch any oil that may during the process of drying drip in your oven.  Do not over cover the rack, but allow ample room for air flow. Bake at 260 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes,  or until desired crunch has been achieved. Make sure to keep a good eye on the greens the last 2 minutes to ensure that they do not burn. Plate Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and  ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good! I found a recipe like this for cauliflower and my kids LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...