Sunday, May 17, 2015

Perfect Strawberry Cake

Springtime, Means STRAWBERRIES, and lots of them. I love that we live near a U-pick and can get them for a great price. Each year I glove up (Allergic) and brave the big field of strawberries to pick way more than my family can eat, just to see them smile. This is a new recipe that I created and has been a big hit. Try it... You will love it. Sorry the picture is less than beautiful. This was the only piece that I could nab before it was gone. I guess they liked it.  Best thing about this recipe... SUPER EASY!!!


Perfect Strawberry Cake

1 Box White Cake Mix (I told you it was easy) -Prepare as Whole egg Recipe leaving out 1/2 cup of water
2 Tb. Strawberry Jello dry mix
3/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries


Pour into  a greased 9x13 cake pan, and bake 30 min. or as directed on box. Test middle to make sure it is done. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.

Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.

8 oz Pkg. Cream Cheese - Room Temp.
1 1/2 lb. Powdered Sugar
2 Tbl. Fresh Lemon Juice

When Cake is cool, spread Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting on top.

Strawberry Glaze

1 Cup Chopped Strawberries
1/2 Cup Sugar

Mix well, making sure that the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour over cake and spread evenly. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...