Sunday, April 24, 2011

Meringue

I know you have been to that restaurant...and you see that beautiful looking pie with meringue that stand a mile high and you think...I can't do that. Well, don't kid yourself. You CAN! I love Pies with Meringue on top, so this was just a no brainer (I know...Not a word) that I had to figure out how to do this.

Meringue

3 Egg Whites
1/4 Tsp. Cream Of Tartar
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Tsp. Vanilla (optional)

Whip egg whites, Cream of tartar and Vanilla together until soft peaks form and slowly add the sugar all the while whipping the egg whites with your electric mixer.  Beat until stiff peaks form and spread on a cooled pie, and add small peaks to top of pie. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 min. or until golden brown peaks appear.  Cool, and refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious (and beautiful)! Lemon pie sounds goods. Maybe tonight....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...