Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rainbow Cake

This recipe is a fun idea for a child's birthday or for a ladies night. As for me, somewhat unconventional...I decided to make this cake for my husband for his birthday He loved it! Ok. Secretly he LOVED it! LOL

Rainbow Cake

3 White Cake Mixes Prepared as Directed
Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue Food Coloring

To make this cake you will need to make each of the cakes separetely and divide them in half Tinting each half the desired color. Pour tinted cake batter into 2 8" round, well greased and floured pans. Bake as directed on box and remove when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool for a few min. and place in freezer to firm up. Repeat process until all are made and froze. Stir up cream cheese frosting and start by layering from the purple up. In between layers of cake add a thin layer of frosting to help hold it together. You do not want to get to much or it will start to lean. Frost quickly and chill until ready to serve. ENJOY!

* A Fun Variation to this cake is to make each layer Tye Dye... My little girl has requested that be her next cake. =)

1 comment:

  1. I used to make pound cake in the college kitchen-- I would put in a few drops of different food coloring and twirl it around with a knife or toothpick--- I guess that is the tye-dye you are talking about! I think it is easier than doing all the separate layers. Pretty picture! Glad you started adding pictures to your recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...