Friday, August 5, 2011

Perfect Pot Roast


When I think of Roast my mind cannot help but go back to Sunday morning when my dad would get up early and throw on a roast, potatoes, and carrots and it would be just about done by the time we got home from church. To this day, the smell can take me back in an instant. This recipe is from Grannie Flowers who has perfected the Pot Roast... Love you GRANNIE! Thanks for teaching me your tricks!

Perfect Pot Roast ( Oven Version)

Pork or Beef Roast
Water to Cover the bottom of the Baking Dish
2 Tbsp. Vinagar
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup (this can also be C. Mushroom, or Celery)
1 Pkg. Dry Onion Soup Mix
5-6 Large Potatoes, Peeled
7-9 Carrots, Peeled (or cheat and just buy the baby ones already done- like me)

Bake in a 350 degree oven for several hours depending on the lbs, until meat has reached the perfect tenderness. Meat should fall apart when sticking a fork into it and twisting slightly. Serve while hot...with a side of sweet tea and a warm dinner roll. (Grannie would be PROUD) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...