Sunday, July 28, 2013

Donut Glaze


I am so sorry, It has just hit me that I left off the glaze recipe for the donuts that I last shared. How crazy of me. What is a donut without the glaze. =) This recipe is actually from an Amish store not to far from here and this is what they use on their donuts.

Donut Glaze

1/3 Cup Butter
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
4 Tb. Hot Water as needed

Make glaze while donuts are cooling. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in hot water one tablespoon at a time until icing is the right constancy to dip donuts in and set on wire rack to drain off excess. I doubled the recipe and it was perfect for the recipe below.  Mmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...