Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grandma's Raised Donuts.


   Words just cannot describe the happiness that pours over me when I mixed up the very first batch of these and it was a stellar success. It was a very surreal moment for me.  My Grandma Marshall was many wonderful things, and one of those was a fabulous cook and had a gift for making the best sweet treats. I never knew this woman here on this plain, but I seriously cannot wait to meet her in heaven one day and I only pray that heaven has a huge kitchen and we will be able to not only sit together and visit about recipes, but also get to bake together.
    So... This my 150 recipe that I have posted. This my love and Passion.. I dedicate it to those that have gone before. Those that have passed this on to me. May I carry the torch well. ♥

Grandma's Raised Donuts

2 1/4 Tbs. yeast of 1 Pkg. of Fast Rise Yeast
1/2 Cup Very Warm Water
1/2 Cup Milk - Scalded
3 Tbs. Shortening
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs - Well Beaten
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
4 Cups Sifted Flour

Dissolve Yeast in Warm Water. (I use really Hot Water) Add Shortening, salt and Sugar to the Scalded Milk. Stir until Dissolved add cool to lukewarm. Add yeast Mixture, Stir in eggs, Nutmeg, and Flour 1 Cup at a time.  Beat well after each addition. Kneed until Smooth. Let rise in warm place until doubled its original size. Push down and roll 1/2 inch thick. Cut with Donut cutter and set aside to raise again. Approx. 1 hour and 10 min. Fry in a Veg. Oil at 375 Degrees. Remove from oil when they have came to the top and are light golden and bubbling has decreased. Promptly roll in powdered sugar after they have cooled enough to touch. Or wait to glaze until completely cooled! ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...