Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gumdrop Cookies

In my lifetime, I have had the honor of  knowing some of the sweetest little ladies. Most of which love you more that imaginable and have a degree of honesty that most of us are not comfortable with in our season of life. One of those such little ladies was my friend Wilma. As part of a job that I took, the owner asked me to look in on his mom once a day and take her the mail. Each morning we would discuss our day, some days share a cup of coffee and quite often a cookie or two. One of her famous cookies that she would make for those she loved was her Gumdrop cookies. At first, I didn't think that I would be a fan of these said cookies, because I am not a lover of Gumdrops, but they are simply delicious. They are the perfect blend of chewy, oatmeal goodness with a vintage feel. They are so pretty! Each time I make them I can't help but remember my friend Wilma and her spunky spirit!

Gumdrop Cookies
1 C. Shortening or Butter
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. White Sugar
2 Eggs
1 C. Coconut
1 C. Gumdrops or Fruit Slices, Cut Fine
2 C. Oatmeal
2 C. Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Soda
1 Tsp. Vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Cream Shortening, sugar and eggs. Mix with dry ingredients, adding coconut and gumdrops last. You can do these two ways, either by spoonfuls on a baking pan or by rolling them in a ball about the size of a walnut and then flattening with a fork. Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...